My dear Wife If you adhere to your plan of returning tomorrow I suppose thee will get this not a little while before you leave - but as the fine weather may induce you to prolong your stay I will send a short letter to let thee know that we continue well. Bro. John did not leave as I thought he had on 6th day when I wrote, but he intends to go either today or tomorrow & expects to stay at the Gap two or three days. If you find it continues to suit you had you not better wait & return with him. It seems to us as if thee probably at any rate was on the mend & we would be very glad if that is the case that thee should continue mending - we dont want to see thee back till we get the parlor carpet down & experience had taught us that upholsterers disappoint so we may not get it down tomorrow &
Copyright Notice: Please be aware that materials you find here are governed by U.S. copyright law, and that to reproduce them for any purpose other than study may be a violation of federal law. If you wish to reproduce materials for any other reason, please contact Haverford Special Collections for permission at HC-Special@haverford.edu.